Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Free parts distributor
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put in my mp-8 and truck wont start! Wanter in fuel light comes on now too!

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Maybe you got a bad unit. Try removing it, and see what that does.

·
Free parts distributor
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
does it matter if the mp-8 feeds the juice? or does it need to be vice versa??

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Plugs in between the harness, so you can't hook it up wrong. See if unhooking it makes a difference.

·
Free parts distributor
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
took it out.. truck fired right up.... was getting 4 codes...
1. throttle position
2. map
3. water in fuel
4. low voltage d2 or something?

bought it used from tatkins.... going to contact him and ts see what can be done...

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Just like diagnosing a computer problem. Unplug hardware until it runs stable.

·
Free parts distributor
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i was reading the instructions on the ts website... i do use both connectors right? I noticed on the instructions for the commonrail it said only use the fuel pressure sensor and said nothing about the MAP.... i do use the map also right? it has both on the harness but im not sure.....

·
Registered
909 Posts
crap i think i was using both i cant remeber. im almost 4 sure i had both in. but ive read other threads that sometime it matters how you have them plugged in. try unplugging the juice and have nothing in and see if the truck runs fine then try just the mp8. see what happens then. maybe they dont like each other?

·
Registered
909 Posts
he said he figured it out guys so my name is in the clear :p

·
Free parts distributor
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:S: im stupid... sorry tatkins... appreciate all the help man! Great guy!

·
Registered
909 Posts
lol im a great guy :p makes me feel all warm in side. thanks ill sleep good tonight :p

·
Banned
333 Posts
How do you like the MP8 ? I sent my smarty jr back, I didn't like the timing rattle I was getting and on the 70 HP setting the truck shook when at idol the 100 HP setting was great but smoked way too much plus I saw no milage increase at all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts