Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so im changin my head gasket and when i start removing the rockers i notice that one of the lil plastic pices were the rocker sits on the valves was broken off were can i find this in a hurry and if you can give me a name for it i will feel much smarter thanks

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nobody?:confused013:

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
come on guys somone can help i dont know what to do here

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,934 Posts
you need to buy the whole rocker assembly, that little piece isn't available separate. I've seen that quite a bit in the older common rails.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you need to buy the whole rocker assembly, that little piece isn't available separate. I've seen that quite a bit in the older common rails.
so can you get just the rocker or do i have to buy all the rockers ? its crazy cause the lil metal piece that goes under the plastic piece on the rocker wasnt on the ball im curious if i just didnt notice it fell off or if it had been off there was no sign of ware . What ids the porpose of the lil plastic piece is it just a retainer ?

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,934 Posts
you can buy one rocker at a time. I don't know its exact function, but it is a retainer of some form.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you can buy one rocker at a time. I don't know its exact function, but it is a retainer of some form.
ok 1 more question and ill stop buggin ya . are the rockers on the 5.9 24v the same as the 6.7 i can get them from my buddie for free most likly

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,934 Posts
That I don't know... I know when guys do third gen head swaps onto VP trucks they take the rockers and pushrods and all from the 3rd gen... so that leads me to think they are different in some manor, perhaps a different motion ratio.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That I don't know... I know when guys do third gen head swaps onto VP trucks they take the rockers and pushrods and all from the 3rd gen... so that leads me to think they are different in some manor, perhaps a different motion ratio.
thanks for the help bud ill make a few calls now and see what i can dig up

1 - 9 of 9 Posts