Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GARBAGE TRANSMISSIONS!!!! I’ve gotta 2015 2500 6.7l manual that I'm about to sink my 5th transmission in$$$$$$$!!! I woulda traded er in by now but my dad n I picked er up together n he jus passed in June so not only emotionaly but finacialy I'm strapped!!! We're damn close to losing the property then it's gonna be there house! This ain't no sobstory I gotta lot riding on this truck n will not be able to afford to drop another one in er.. what in the [email protected]&k do I have to do with this thing so that I ain't blowing all these transmissions out? I'm seriously screwed here n need a reach out with sum advice!
Thank you!

· Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to hear of your troubles. A few questions …… Has the cause of the failure been the same each time? Are you rebuilding each time or replacing with a used transmission? If rebuilding, are you getting the rebuild parts from the same vendor? Is the same person/shop doing the rebuild? What lubricant are you using the transmission? Is your truck tuned? Are you towing at the max?

· Premium Member
2021 Ram 3500 HO
127 Posts
No disrespect but with it being a manual, are you driving it right? Driving it easy and not bangin gears?

· Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
18,944 Posts
What all are you doing with the truck, and what mods have been done to the truck? Also like asked already, what has been the failure point of the transmission? the G56 is a pretty stout tranny, but depending on whats all been done to the truck, there might be weak points that need to be addressed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts