Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so today i notice my truck sounded different ....... the exhaust almost has the sound like there is a miss but not quite and i can hear a ticking noise from under the valve cover well atleast i think thats where its coming from .......any ideas i mean it doesnt seem to have lost power or anything just sounds different

·
Registered
822 Posts
Is the miss consistent, or does it sound like it misses just every now and then? The ticking from the top of the motor AT IDLE is common on 06 and later trucks. If it goes away when you take off, it's probably the common, aggravating "tick" that alot of us deal with. If it gets louder with speed, may be greater cause for concern. Have you had the top of the motor/injectors out or apart? Has anyone else had it apart?

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well its louder at idle and its wasnt the normal tick from the hig pressure rail ..... it sounded alot like the vavle train rattle but louder and i know the 6.7 isnt supposed to be that loud the valve cover has never been off or anything today it didnt seem to do it at all and yes the miss seems about constant but like i sayd it wasnt quite like a miss just a lil rougher idle i gues ...... i was thinking maybe a loose rocker then someone at work sayd maybe my oil but i just changed it and its the same i used since the first change which is rotella t 15-40

1 - 3 of 3 Posts