Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Night Got Together With A Fellow Forum Member And We Decided To Make My Truck Smoke Well Now It Wont Start We Grinded The Fuel Plate To A Little Bit Of Nothing Moved It Forward And Now Nothing It Is Still Sitting In Front Of His House Need Advice Quick Any Ideas Would Be Much Appreciated Guys Thanks

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Presuming that you did not disconnect any injection lines and let in air, confirm that the shutdown solenoid is connected and is functioning as it should. If it does not pull up when you try to crank the engine the injectors won't get any fuel.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We Opened Lines To See If It Was Getting Diesel And It Was Blowing Out When I Was Turning It Over Primed It Many Many Times Still No Fire

·
Registered
129 Posts
The only thing I can say is maybe a little to much grinding or air in the system. I'd would soak a rag in gas and take it and put it in your air intake tube and hold on to it and try and crank it. It will also crank for me any way let run to get the air out. BUT DO NOT EVER LET GO OF THE RAG.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Make sure that you are not sucking air in the system.Make sure the fuel shut off is not closed.Not sure which way try both.If all else fails if it was running ok before grinding put a stock one back on and see what it does.If it does fine then you did not grind it square or level.

·
Registered
838 Posts
try filling the fuel fuel filter, and priming it with the priming bulb, i think yours should have one. it's gotta just be air in the system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts