Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ran through water the other day on the way to the dragstrip towing the mustang and it was rainging hard now theirs a squeak everytime i turn the wheel and everytime i hit a bump or push down on the front bumper what is it and how do i get rid of it it's kind of embarassing. i tried greasing everything and i even put deep creep all over all the bushings on the frontend and steering parts but it still squeeks.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
i have this same squeek...it weird. cant seem to find it myself. keep me posted if you find. even though we have diff trucks it still might help me out:thumbsup

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will do and you do the same. im gonna try and put some thick stp on everything and see if it goes away.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
could be dry ball joints, could be leaf springs rubbing, or could be surface rusted shocks

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Never thought about the shocks. just started they are the original shocks. But the truck only has 17,678miles on it. i greased everything but it wont go away ill change the shocks if they are cheap enough.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Let me know what you find out because I have had a feeling it was the shocks as well making the sound.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I had this problem on my 99 and I found that the leaf springs where making the noise. I soaked down everything with wd-40 after I pressure washed the springs. The noise was gone afterwords. I hope this helps.:thud:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it's not the leaf springs because the noise is only on the front end.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mine was doing that awhile back. Ended up being a arm bushings.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wsell the noise is still there even after the shocks got replaced. now it even makes noise when turning the wheel when stopped what the hell could it be. i hate dodges if they ever put the cummins in a chevy im gone.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Boosted99.5;71388. i hate dodges if they ever put the cummins in a chevy im gone.[/QUOTE said:
u an me both:thumbsup

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry to bring up such an old post..BUT, I am fighting this problem as well. Has anyone figured out the squeak yet?

·
Registered
909 Posts
If you have an automatic transmission, then check and lube all the nylon bushings for the shift linkage under the cab. I fough my squeak for almost a year before I found this. It's like a whole new truck now!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same squeek, seems to be coming from the control arm bushings. I hear they can be a pain to replace just the bushings. Ebay has a set of the control arms w/ bushings for $200 for both sides.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts