Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i currently have a 2007, 3500, MC, DRW,4X4, 6.7, auto.
i am very unhappy with this 6.7.
please understand i love the truck, we have 2 MC trucks, and the dually is sweet. but the reliabilty of this bluetec is not up to par. i also dont require the 3500 DRW for towing or anything.
i have found a couple 2005's, 2500, QC, SRW, 4X4, 5.9, one with auto and one with 6speed manual. both are clean trucks with less than 50k miles.
1. i need some opinions on the auto vs: the manual.
2. is the 3rd generation a good investment?
and 3. which transmission will give me the best service?
i am no stranger to a manual transmission, in fact i prefer the control of a manual as i have been in the trucking industry for almost 18 years.
i will be using this truck for some light towing, but mostly daily driver.
thanks in advance for any information.

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
Depends on what you want to do with it. Auto = go fast and no work shifting. Manual = more reliable and cheaper to build up.

·
Registered
993 Posts
5.9 is a geat motor. Havent had any probs with our 08 6.7 yet. As for the trans, if you love to bang gears go with the manual. Virtually bulletproof. BUT a built auto can last along time too. I get tired of shifting mine until I hammer down in 5 & 6 and she still pulls hard. and I love it for pulling trailers. More control shifting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts