Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Help with SO pump on HO motor

661 Views 11 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  kscumminsdriver
need help trying to find out why this thing is not starting ... is it the ECM needing to be reflashed? i can help the start with a little shot of ether and it runs normal till i shut it off. it wont start back.. Is it the electronics on the pump not calibrated and tellin it when to start...need help bad
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what i thought but talkin to chip at blue chip he said the pump is bad ... but i really think its not...ive been checkin for leaks but theres none of what i can find

· Horse Power JUNKIE
1,656 Posts
It sounds like its not keeping its prime... If you bump the key and let it prime will it start? Did you put a new return banjo bolt on? It has a check valve in it to keep the prime pressure. Are you sure its a good VP?

· Registered
325 Posts
Its definatly the connector tubes. cheapest and easiest to replace. I had same exact problem on my truck. made me mad for a week and i finally broke down and bought the o rings. it was after i replaced vp44. and if u want to continue using ether just make sure you get it on video i want to watch

· Registered
1,207 Posts
I have used ether on many cummins trucks with no problems is a shot of ether not the whole can, and I agree connector tubes, there has been many posts lately about problems like this and connector tube o-rings have fixed it every time

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so where can u get the oring for the connector tubes...u really think that would keep it from starting...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.