Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
'17 2500 Tradesman 6.7L 4x4 Off Road
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All - I've noticed there is a slow leak coming from somewhere up front on the driver's side. Any ideas what's captured in this picture, and if the leak might actually start from the big hose pictured, or something above it in the engine compartment?

Automotive tire Gas Auto part Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

·
Super Moderator
24,615 Posts
I know I can't tell what it could be or really even see where your talking about, what color is the fluid?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looks like oil on a rubber cac boot. Try getting few more pictures
If it is suspected oil on cac boot check for splits/cracks in boot.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know I can't tell what it could be or really even see where your talking about, what color is the fluid?
You bet, here are a few more pics from both sides of the truck. The leak is on the drivers side. The passenger side is fine. Color is black.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Rim

Land vehicle Automotive tire Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
25 Posts
Grab yourself a new cac boot and a couple good clamps. Wash it and away you go 👍

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
The hose you’re referring to moves air, not fluid. You need to start at the top and work your way down to find where it’s coming from. Removing the inner fender will greatly improve your view. Inspect the fluid carefully. Just because it appears black doesnt mean it’s not power steering fluid thats been covered in grime.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks @Early04BOB and @Jhenderson . I appreciate both replies as they have put me on a path to learning about what's happening with all the stuff on the drivers side of the engine.

Will inspect the area with the inner fender removed and report back.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Oil in the charge cooler is perfectly normal few more pics of the upper side of the charge pipe will verify
With the 17 model I would suggest changing the crankcase filter to reduce the amount of oil entering the charge air system. But by the looks the pictures a new cac boot and some clamps will fix the oil weep

1 - 10 of 10 Posts