Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 12v in a 98 freightliner. Truck has lost almost all power. No codes (don't know if it has codes). Today my 24v had similar problem with no boost, set code 0237 (map sensor). Does the 12v have same sensor? The 12v truck has no gauges so it is hard to see what is happening, but the turbo isn't spooling up like it did. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I have a 12v in a 98 freightliner. Truck has lost almost all power. No codes (don't know if it has codes). Today my 24v had similar problem with no boost, set code 0237 (map sensor). Does the 12v have same sensor? The 12v truck has no gauges so it is hard to see what is happening, but the turbo isn't spooling up like it did. Thanks.
When was the last time the fuel filter was changed?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Changed all fuel filters, air filter, etc Still has problem

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
Check overflow valve, make sure the spring is within specs. Pinch off the return line, see what happens.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Check to make sure the shut off solenoid is pulling in all the way to the run position.You can remove it to try and see if it's any better.Check fuel supply also.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
If it runs fine other than having no power you need to check the AFC. If it's not working then the AFC throttle stop will not move out of the way so the plate can control max fueling. The most common cause of that is a cracked hose to the AFC or a loose fitting. Sometimes (probably not on your FL) the AFC fittings can get plugged up.

·
Premium Member
16,224 Posts
Along with what Joe said the AFC diaphragm will sometimes crack turning the truck into a real dog.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts