Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trying to replace my factory lift pump with a carter from napa. i moved the filter canister out of the way and the job looks pretty simple. however there is a lot of rust on those three nuts that i need to remove the pump. i cant find a socket to fit. ive tried metric and standard and they seem to be either too small or too big. any thoughts? what size should they be? thanks. this is on a 2000 24v.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I can't remember. But I must warn you that I put the Napa lift pump on my truck and it only lasted for about 10,000 miles before it started crapping out. And even before it crapped out it was only producing low psi's.......

·
Registered
190 Posts
Go to lowes or home depot and they have extractors for rounded off bolt and nuts. Prolly your best bet. Strongly recommend giving napa back there pump and putting in a fass or airdog though stock pumps will kill your vp

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
12,049 Posts
As I recall the nuts in question are 10 mm. 6 point works best.

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
I say take a look at FASS platinum... Same as the raptor but doesn't have the crazy quick connect plumbing to hang you up...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.