Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im new to the forum. I have a 07 6.7. 3500 dually 6spd. And I just got it deleted. I gutted the dpfs. But now I'm looking into upgrading my exhaust. I have heard some trucks with straight pipe and sound awesome. Just really want to know everyone's opinion 4" 5" which is better sounding? And where to get it thanks 馃槉

Registered
I have a 4in straight pipe turbo back and I have enjoyed the sound over the years. I'm about to install a Jamo 5in due to turbo upgrade and will post some go pro videos on driving it around town, with a load, and at highway speeds. 6spd cant beat. I know if you run an auto straight may drone a good bit..

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

ordo ab chao
I have a Flo Pro 5 inch SS TB with 30 inch resonator. Great growl sound and NO DRONE. 5 inch is best IMHO. But whatever you get make sure it is SS NOT aluminized.

Registered
aluminized is fine if you not in the rust belt. It will last forever if you live in a dry climate. I would think you defiantly want a resonator in the mix. Too much drone otherwise. You can also just leave the stock muffler in place and run the rest straight... sounds great actually.

Registered
5" is a little deeper vs 4".

in my CCSB I ran a 4" straight and liked it.
5" TBE to a 7" mitre, droned sucked. put in a resonator, made a world of difference
recently put on a 4th gen full 5" dual setup and really like it.

Registered
aluminized is fine if you not in the rust belt. It will last forever if you live in a dry climate. I would think you defiantly want a resonator in the mix. Too much drone otherwise. You can also just leavethe stock muffler in place and run the rest straight... sounds great actually.

I might do this leaving stock muffler with rest deleted. I鈥檓 in dry grass a lot and don鈥檛 want blowtorch effect. Muffler makes me feel little safer. Don鈥檛 want loud but did u get little nicer sound with this combo?

Not sure if my Smarty Jr will allow me to ditch the sensors all together or if I have to get pipe that allow for them to be put back in without throwing bunch of codes.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
I might do this leaving stock muffler with rest deleted. I鈥檓 in dry grass a lot and don鈥檛 want blowtorch effect. Muffler makes me feel little safer. Don鈥檛 want loud but did u get little nicer sound with this combo?

Not sure if my Smarty Jr will allow me to ditch the sensors all together or if I have to get pipe that allow for them to be put back in without throwing bunch of codes.

Thoughts?

Yea the Smarty Jr you can pull ALL the sensors on the exhaust and all on the EGR setup if a delete tune is loaded. I recently confirm you can also pull the EGR actuator motor without issues despite what the ancient delete instructions say.

I think the Stock Downpipe/Cat + Delete Pipe + Stock muffler makes a nice sound, Even if you lop off the tail pipe.

Registered
Yea the Smarty Jr you can pull ALL the sensors on the exhaust and all on the EGR setup if a delete tune is loaded. I recently confirm you can also pull the EGR actuator motor without issues despite what the ancient delete instructions say.

I think the Stock Downpipe/Cat + Delete Pipe + Stock muffler makes a nice sound, Even if you lop off the tail pipe.

Thanks. I need to re-purchase another exhaust system after deciding on keeping the truck. Emailed Smarty and they said it will NOT work with any deletes. Since I鈥檓 keeping truck, just want it to run good with some minimal gains and no extra harm to power train and preferably no engine codes. Not sure I will delete egr again but do need to replace exhaust with a turbo back system. Just needed to to know, sensors or no sensors. Thanks for reply

Registered
I have a 4 in turbo back delete no cats no dpf no resonator Banks tip which I think sounds great. Sinister EGR delete and an older Smarty ME so no codes and no issues at all.

Registered
I have a 4 in turbo back delete no cats no dpf no resonator Banks tip which I think sounds great. Sinister EGR delete and an older Smarty ME so no codes and no issues at all.

Perfect thanks guys. I have the ME version so gonna buy an exhaust with no sensor bungs. Then it鈥檚 just up to getting right load downloaded. Do U think pulling egr is healthy for truck? If California wants it on, pretty good chance truck and I don鈥檛. Now live in a no smog county

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
I have yet to get an exhaust. Now there is this brand. Wwp. Worldwide performance exhaust it's 5" has anyone heard of them. And has used them?

Registered
I have yet to get an exhaust. Now there is this brand. Wwp. Worldwide performance exhaust it's 5" has anyone heard of them. And has used them?

It鈥檚 just metal pipes. Doesn鈥檛 really matter much. Take what you can get, don鈥檛 overpay for a name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Registered
exhaust..

I have a '07.5 w/ the 6.7 and I have a Diamond Eye 4" TB with a Diamond Eye muffler......A little growl when you are in it but no drone at cruising speeds. I like it, YMMV:smile2:

TR

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
I ended up installing a 5" tb .I just been to lazy to install the tail pipe. There section that goes over the axel

1 - 15 of 15 Posts