Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I hope some of you guys can help me with my combination. As you can see from my sig. I have some stuff on her, but I don't seem to get the performance I expect (wont turn a tire). Maybe it could be the 01 turbo (was on there when I bought the truck)? Need for better injectors? J-hook? I get decent mileage (19 avg. 26 best) but I still want more grunt!:peelout

·
Registered
205 Posts
The '01 turbo shouldn't be the issue. Even if it's off of the H.O. it should work fine. The ring is just for sound reduction BTW, it wont help or hurt performance. You have a lot of mods for air and the exhaust is open, what were you expecting? The problem with mods is that once you get over the initial "Wow" factor, you fiend for more. It's an addiction. Now, I'm not a Doctor but I play one with my wife... with that in mind... It may be time to step up to injectors, a bigger turbo, you know the drill.
In all seriousness though, what is the trans like? Diesel Power Mag just did a story on how they Dyno'd their truck before and after a rebuild and they found like 50 hp difference at the wheels. The big culprit is the Torque Convertor. The stock ones dont live long behind even mild mods with our beloved CTD's. I would start saving for billit. Good Luck... Chris

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help Meierznutz, I guess what I mean when I say my truck is slow is that it is slower than any stock CTD that I know of (good friend and brother in law both have stock trucks). Brother in law recently got a superchips programmer and his truck rocks now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts