Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2001 2500 5.9 I6 4x4
3 Posts
I would, emmisons are way easier here. Just opacity. Or if you're lucky, you can register outside of Maricopa or Pinal to avoid emmisions altogether.

I know the ebay listing says not for sale in California and New York. As of January 21 that applies to Colorado as well unfortunately. As for the wrecking yard... it is illegal to resell catalytic converters in the state of Colorado. I have looked into all of these suggestions quite thoroughly as this is not the first vehicle I have worked on or had to do emissions certification on. This is however the first cummins diesel I have had to do this for and Colorado doesn't screw around apparently. I'm honestly considering flying to Arizona and just registering it there for 58$ round trip.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Where are you at in Commierado? I have the cat off of my '06 that still has the downpipe on it. I just dug it out and added it to the cat pile. I was going to sell to the cat buyers that show up about once a month. I'm in Lander Wyoming.

·
Toyota and Cummins Nut!
1,387 Posts
I wish a muffler shop would sell me one here, their all afraid of violating the new laws :(
It is illegal to sell a used cat. So no business is going to do it. They are following the law is all, so go easy on them. You have no choice but to buy new or find a private party to give or sell you one.

·
Toyota and Cummins Nut!
1,387 Posts
I know the ebay listing says not for sale in California and New York. As of January 21 that applies to Colorado as well unfortunately. As for the wrecking yard... it is illegal to resell catalytic converters in the state of Colorado. I have looked into all of these suggestions quite thoroughly as this is not the first vehicle I have worked on or had to do emissions certification on. This is however the first cummins diesel I have had to do this for and Colorado doesn't screw around apparently. I'm honestly considering flying to Arizona and just registering it there for 58$ round trip.
Wow, went to look for your cat on rockauto and seen they had one for $480, not bad, but said "not permitted for use in the state of Colorado"

·
Registered
2006 2500 4x4, spinny wooshy thing, bigger sticks, toothpick trans, wallet weight reduction mod.
2,442 Posts
It is illegal to sell a used cat. So no business is going to do it. They are following the law is all, so go easy on them. You have no choice but to buy new or find a private party to give or sell you one.
Oh wow. Yeah. Keep it legal folks. Send him one to not use on the truck. Only as a collectors item.

·
Registered
2019 RAM 2500 Limited (4th gen., Cummins 6.7L Turbo Diesel with 68RFE transmission)
16 Posts
Hey guys,
I have recently purchased a 2004.5 5.9cr and am now faced with a quandary. As of this year, the magnaflow catalytic converter that came with the truck is no longer acceptable in Colorado. Does anyone have input on what I should do to obtain a "CARB" compliant cat that doesn't break the bank? Most of the craigslist and marketplace listing for a stock unit are either sold or fishing scams so far. I've been looking for almost two months now and am having little to zero luck. Thank you in advance for any assistance!
I live in Colorado Springs I haven't heard of Colorado reinstating emissions testing. I have three vehicles no emissions tests.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Did Co. drop it for a while? I left the Denver area in the end of 03 to go to Phx., retired in15, and I came back to Pueblo West if early 17. I didn't look into the Co. emissions before I came back. I was more interested in finding a horse property and ended up here. I found out, later, that Pueblo doesn't do e tests.
I used to go to the old Shoenberg Dairy at 72nd & Sheridan for my tests... visual and opacity on a dyno. The Phx. area did visual, OBDII and opacity... snap throttle.
I just looked up the Co. test area and it looks like it's Ft. Collins down to the south end of the Springs metro area, Widefield I guess. It looks like Brighton is included but not Greeley. Is that still accurate? It sounds like Co. adopted CARB regs. Yes?

·
Registered
2020 3500 HO 4x4 SRW CCLB
748 Posts
I live in Colorado Springs I haven't heard of Colorado reinstating emissions testing. I have three vehicles no emissions tests.

Did Co. drop it for a while? I left the Denver area in the end of 03 to go to Phx., retired in15, and I came back to Pueblo West if early 17. I didn't look into the Co. emissions before I came back. I was more interested in finding a horse property and ended up here. I found out, later, that Pueblo doesn't do e tests.
I used to go to the old Shoenberg Dairy at 72nd & Sheridan for my tests... visual and opacity on a dyno. The Phx. area did visual, OBDII and opacity... snap throttle.
I just looked up the Co. test area and it looks like it's Ft. Collins down to the south end of the Springs metro area, Widefield I guess. It looks like Brighton is included but not Greeley. Is that still accurate? It sounds like Co. adopted CARB regs. Yes?
Diesel smog isn't statewide yet that I'm aware. Just the metro area counties.

Upthread I mentioned CARB is here with no vote or ballot measure thanks to Pollis.

I've had to smog my 04.5 in Doug Co since the "new" exempt sticker ran out.

·
Registered
2004.5 5.9cr, AFE Intake, Custom Turbo Elbow, Gauges (EGT, TRANS, BOOST), Built Trans, S06
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Yeah, stupid CARB laws making their way into this beautiful state. It's okay, just another revenue stream for the yup yups... you'd think the legal weed taxes would fund their agenda enough but oh well!

·
Registered
2004.5 5.9cr, AFE Intake, Custom Turbo Elbow, Gauges (EGT, TRANS, BOOST), Built Trans, S06
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Haha like "For Mother Colorado comrade!"

·
Registered
2020 3500 HO 4x4 SRW CCLB
748 Posts
I have no idea how to pronounce that word
Commierado, the new Commifornia.

I've only been here since 92 and it's a shame what is has become but I'm not gonna let them run me out.

Reactions: morphrider
41 - 52 of 52 Posts