Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2020 3500 HO 4x4 SRW CCLB
748 Posts
When I had my 04.5 smogged, they just roll a mirror under the exhaust to see what's there, hook it up to OBD for codes, and do an opacity test on a dyno.

In all the years I did that, it only failed (1st test) once because they weren't clever enough to plug in the MAP sensor connector that popped off.

Looks the same as OEM to me unless it's not yet rusted.

Automotive tire Violet Cylinder Gas Auto part

Reactions: elephantrider

·
Registered
2004.5 5.9cr, AFE Intake, Custom Turbo Elbow, Gauges (EGT, TRANS, BOOST), Built Trans, S06
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
No haha it's only a 2 wheel dyno here. This is what my magnaflow looks like, and coincidentally why I am concerned they will spot it.
Tire Automotive tire Automotive exhaust Synthetic rubber Gas

·
Registered
2004.5 5.9cr, AFE Intake, Custom Turbo Elbow, Gauges (EGT, TRANS, BOOST), Built Trans, S06
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
It was sadly produced as EPA compliant and is not CARB compliant.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
You'd have a better chance if you, or someone, ground that birdspit off and do a nice weld job. Then use hi temp paint. I have some that matches the aluminized pipes really closely and it even harder to see a difference after a few miles on sloppy roads.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Damn, no wonder you're worried. That looks terrible.

Yet another "I do my own work" job that clearly doesn't know what they're doing. Granted, you did say that was a farm truck so they probably just slapped it on there real quick one day.

• Haha
Reactions: AdamRRT

·
Registered
2006 2500 4x4, spinny wooshy thing, bigger sticks, toothpick trans, wallet weight reduction mod.
2,442 Posts
Granted, you did say that was a farm truck so they probably just slapped it on there real quick one day.
Yeah but who puts a cat on a farm truck anyway? Must be one of those hippie-type organic farmers!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Hahaha you guys are great, even if this **** sucks coal pipe, I'm getting a great laugh out of it. And yeah, they replaced the entire system with a 4 inch magnaflow system for some stupid reason... stocker was 4 inch I'm fairly certain. The last time the truck saw pavement was 2016 haha. And holy **** you should see the rest of the place, it's like a scrappers wet dream... if it's metal and it got used... its probably half buried in the dirt out in the woods/pens.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
This is what the truck used to look like!
Sky Car Snow Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
That's a horse skull... not anything cool haha.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Haha you have no idea! They were pulling a 26ft gooseneck horse trailer fully loaded with the gov solenoid issue and the truck stuck in 3 up Cheyenne Mountain until it just stopped moving... the direct drive was welded together. I learned quite a bit about the 48re to say the least.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Haha you have no idea! They were pulling a 26ft gooseneck horse trailer fully loaded with the gov solenoid issue and the truck stuck in 3 up Cheyenne Mountain until it just stopped moving... the direct drive was welded together. I learned quite a bit about the 48re to say the least.
Poor truck. nice to see you're bringing it back to life.

My 04.5 HO 2500 before I sold it. dumb dumb dumb (but I needed a 1 Ton) and a bigger cab and more power and...

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

After: Guy running a mobile welding business bought it, his first diesel.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Sky

P.S. I still have a spare grill here but the chrome is bubbled. Can't seem to give it away.

·
Registered
2006 2500 4x4, spinny wooshy thing, bigger sticks, toothpick trans, wallet weight reduction mod.
2,442 Posts
You de-badged, but he re-badged?

·
Registered
748 Posts
You de-badged, but he re-badged?
Good catch. Except the factory Cummins badge is at the front of the fender.

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive side marker light Grille

It had Bushwacker flares on it for about a year that forced me to remove the badge from the front end of the fender. I never got around to putting it back on until I pulled them off and put it up for sale. Decided it looked better where the newer trucks have them and gave clearance if anyone put flares back on.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts