Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 2500 5.9 with 160,000 miles on it. Bone stock engine with the exception of FASS lift pump. About three weeks ago while driving my ABS light came on. After stopping and then restarting the truck, it was no longer on. Yesterday, when I was attempting to start the truck, the alarm went off. I could not stop the alarm with the FOB. The truck would not turn over while the alarm was going off. When it finally stopped, I checked the battery voltage and it was 12.61. There is a little corrosion on my batteries. Got in the truck and it started right up. Thought I might have had a low battery in my remote so I replaced it. Today when I started the truck and drove a little, the ABS light came back on. After I got in it again and started it back up I had a check engine light. The error was P2509. I was able to clear that code but when driving it now, the ABS light is back on. Seems like I am having a lot of different things happening at once. Is this a problem with the ECM?

Thanks for any help!

· Registered
2010 Dodge Ram Mega Cab, Auto, 4x4
1,220 Posts
How old are your batteries? The corrosion on the batteries can cause problems. If the batteries are 3+ years old, you might consider replacing them.

Here's a link to another thread for the P2509:

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My batteries are about 2.5 years old. I did get the surface corrosion off yesterday but need to take all the connections apart and clean everything up real good. I just finished reading that other thread. Lot of issues. I see what you are talking about. Thanks for pointing me to that! Happy New Year to all.

· Registered
2010 Dodge Ram Mega Cab, Auto, 4x4
1,220 Posts
What brand are your batteries? At the very least, get a load test on them.

Have a happy new year!

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

· Registered
12,320 Posts
I had a P2509 code with frequent stalling. The manual trans enabled an instant restart or I would have had to pull over. We checked grounds,connections,batteries,TIPM. Nothing. The only thing that permanently fixed it was to reflash it.

· Premium Member
9,169 Posts
I would try pull ABS pump fuse see if P2509 goes away , which would probably indicate issue with ABS pump or its wiring, that pump draws alot of power .

After rereading sounds like P2509 is cleared?
then should check good power/ground wires,connections to ABS module and its sensors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts