Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am trying to figure out before i buy whether or not i have an intank lift pump. So here are some pics of my filter canister and the thing attached to it that i think is my lift pump. Am i right?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also where are you supposed to mount it on a quad cab shortbox 6 spd?

There doesnt appear to be much room under there like ive seen on others install pics.

·
Registered
971 Posts
not sure with the pix of whether you have an intank pump or not. it shouldn't matter with the AD150 though since they come with a draw straw. here's a pic of where i mounted my raptor pump. should be about the same place for the airdog. if i were you i'd try to mount it inside the frame rail if you can....

·
Registered
971 Posts
i think the airdogs come with the same mounting plate

K

·
0 Posts
thats where the orginal lift pump was mounted you prolly have a intake pump the airdog comes with the same mounting bracket int the pic but i mounted mine different since the filters hung below the frame now mine are 2inchs above the frame

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
DS5 HF is waaay nicer and only like 10 bucks more.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any links to that Draw Straw V or DS5 hF?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
being that i live in the big sky country id like to avoid using the draw straw because of the 1/4 tank issues.

so i am interested in using the air dog solution or someone elses.

K

·
0 Posts
if you install it properly there is no problem i can run the tank dry with no problems but apparently no one know how to install a draw straw cause so many have the 1/4 tank issue
you could just run a sump no problems with cutting straw to short

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
umm i appreciate the help but you live in iowa?

If i lived where you do i would go with a simple draw straw any day. Things are a little more bumpy and steep around here.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You have an in tank pump.

Use a DrawStraw V and you are set.

Dave
Do you know of anyone who has used this?

DrawStraw™ V HiFlow

Does it work? Ive been told that it is the same as our trucks.

K

·
0 Posts
yes i live south iowa its not very flat and just saying no matter what you do you will have fuel slosh but a sump would be your best bet i have three hills that are like at a 45 deg angle on the way to my farm and i have been at some rock crawling events in missouri with hills steeper and no problems with my draw straw

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Two tips for eliminating low fuel level issues..

1. Install DS into the "cup" in the factory fuel module.

2. Install the bypass return line into the cup as well.

The pump makes way more than 15psi or whatever it puts out, but sends extra fuel back to the tank. That fuel into the cup, which the pump draws its fuel supply from. The pump fills its own supply. Get it?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts