Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I need my truck as dd but want to pull the sled once a year at the county fair so now I need some help on how tpo acheive this my truck is a 96 club cab long bed auto right now I have the star wheel cranked and no plate io am doing a manual conversion next so first off what manual tranny upgrades should I do besides the clutch then what setup do you guys would be best to acheive my goals turbo,injectors,pumpmods,etc thanks for all your input

·
Registered
76 Posts
well for starters...for a DD/ sled pull once a year, u could easy build ur auto to handle that. but...if ur dead set on a manual swap, ur more than likely looking at the nv45...unless ur thinkin 6 speed??

but for a good DD/ mild sled pull 5 speed, ur obviously looking at a good clutch...single or twin disc(if u do a twin or a big single, u might be needin an upgraded slave cylinder for less pedal pressure), updated 5th gear and counter shaft/nut, possibly bigger input shaft. that should get u a decently reliable tranny, if u dont abuse it.

chances are, if u sled pull once a year...that will turn into twice a year, then 3 times a year, and so on. so for that reason, i would say get ur self a decent twin disc because the singles dont take the sled pull starts quite as well/long as a twin disc will. and again i say, it all depends on how u drive 'em.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts