Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed 2019 Bighorn dually bed on my 2015 Tradesman 3500. As stated by others, it fits seamlessly but I'm trying to get the tailgate release to work. Does anyone know the trick?

·
White Lightning
13,907 Posts
@Jimmy07 is quite knowledgeable with schematics, if I recall correctly.

Reactions: Lins

·
Premium Member
2,325 Posts
Just installed 2019 Bighorn dually bed on my 2015 Tradesman 3500. As stated by others, it fits seamlessly but I'm trying to get the tailgate release to work. Does anyone know the trick?
You’ll need to utilize the secondary lock and unlock wires that you currently have. At the tailgate, use one for the tailgate handle switch sense, use the other for the tailgate release driver. At the BCM under the dash, locate the secondary lock and unlock driver wires in the C5 connector and remove them-
Slope Rectangle Font Parallel Circle
Font Parallel Rectangle Diagram Engineering

Keeping track of which wire you’ll use for the tailgate switch, and which one for the latch release, you’ll reinsert them into the C6 connector on the BCM-
Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Number

You’ll notice that the secondary lock and unlock wires that you remove from the BCM both have large terminals on them, but when re-inserting them into the new positions on the C6 connector, one of them now needs to have a small terminal crimped on the wire. Use this terminal- https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/KOSTAL/32124734123000-L?qs=W0yvOO0ixfFjDQ0rJ%2BHBUw==

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I'll do all that tomorrow. Right now I have it where it will open/release with keyless entry 2x.

I had to get creative when retrofitting my existing backup camera into the 5th gen handle but I managed. Now I just need to figure out how to get the turn signals to work on the amber bulbs on 5th gen lights. Right now I have all operations going to 2 bulbs since the 4th gen in only wired for 2 bulbs.

·
Premium Member
2,325 Posts
Ok, I'll do all that tomorrow. Right now I have it where it will open/release with keyless entry 2x.

I had to get creative when retrofitting my existing backup camera into the 5th gen handle but I managed. Now I just need to figure out how to get the turn signals to work on the amber bulbs on 5th gen lights. Right now I have all operations going to 2 bulbs since the 4th gen in only wired for 2 bulbs.
You would need to either use something like a Curt trailer light module that separates the combined rear lighting, or add the rear turn signal circuits from the BCM, and use AlfaOBD to enable those circuits and turn off the combined rear lighting feature.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
@Jimmy07, how about putting a Rambox bed onto and a 5th gen. Both boxes come from a 5 gen truck in a Laramie trim. How easy is that swap and is there any wiring that needs to be changed.

R.K.

·
Premium Member
2,325 Posts
@Jimmy07, how about putting a Rambox bed onto and a 5th gen. Both boxes come from a 5 gen truck in a Laramie trim. How easy is that swap and is there any wiring that needs to be changed.

R.K.
The swap itself should be straight forward, and all your current wiring will plug right in. You’ll probably have to add the wiring for the ram box locks and lights, and enable those features in the BCM.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
The swap itself should be straight forward, and all your current wiring will plug right in. You’ll probably have to add the wiring for the ram box locks and lights, and enable those features in the BCM.
I'm assuming the wiring is there for ram box locks and lights in the rambox bed.

R.K.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts