Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06' 4x4 with 315 BFG's ,edge juice, AFE intake and banks exhaust without cat or canister whichever you prefer to call it. Have tried drivin like grams and fuel additives. Nothing seems to work. Best I can get is somewhere around 19-19.5 mpg. Have heard talk of the Fitch fuel catalyst. Can anyone help with info on these. Thanks for the help, Goat.

·
Banned
140 Posts
Is 19 mpg bad????
I think it sounds good to me.

·
Registered
192 Posts
that is pretty common/good mileage for that truck. I have 285's and most of the same mods you do and I get 16-17 city and 19-20mpg on the highway. That is pretty good for a 4x4 that weighs as much as my truck does in my opinion. My 02 1500 with the 4.7L 4x4 only got 12-15 mpg, so I am happy with my mileage.

you can get better mileage if you drive like a granny...my father in law has a 99 2500 cummins 4x4 auto long bed and a 04 3500 srw crew cab long bed 4x4 6-speed. both are TOTALLY stock no mods what so ever.....he drives SSSSSLLLLLLOOOOOWWWW....I mean he never goes over 60mph and takes forever to get there and gets 22mpg in the 99 and has gotten as high as 24 mpg in his 04. So your driving habits/style are probably the most important factor in your mileage problems. just my $.02

·
On call 24/7
12,579 Posts
19 mpg is great especially with 35's.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hell man I wish I could get 19. I have 35s as well and after correcting for the tire size the best I've gotten is 17 hwy... usually get 15.5-16 mixed and I drive pretty easy. Of coarse that is with ULSD which from what I've gathered equals at least a mpg if not 2 lower. Freaking Libs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its not that I think 19 is bad. Its a lot better than most, but I have a few buddies that get better with the same truck with same mods. One of them cant keep his foot out of it and every time I get in his truck its getting 20 before calculating. I know a guy with an 03 and hes getting 22, whats the difference from my truck to his? The only difference I am aware of is the wastegate.

·
Registered
99 Posts
i beleive the 03 has a different injection sequence like 2 pulse per cycle as opposed to 3 or something like that

·
Heck if I know
3,762 Posts
My 06 gets the same as you bud. When you figure out how to squeeze more mpg's out of the O'le girl let me know.

·
Premium Member
6,752 Posts
19 mpg is great especially with 35's.

ditto

I've gotten just over 20 but that was per Canadian gallon, if I was getting 19 per US gallon I'd be pretty frickin happy. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I get anywhere between 11-12.5 constantly.My truck is stock except the k&n air filter. 2006 3500 4x4 megacab srw auto.Pulling usually 7-9 depending on how heavy 7mpg backhoe 9mpg 16' crestliner boat.Complained for last year to dealer says this is pretty normal!! so I would be happy to get 19mpg. 03 I traded would get 14 on the worst load I ever pulled and usually 17-18 empty so not very happy with 06.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
what speed did you average to get 19.5, thats about right where im at (running 1800 rpm/65mph) with just intaken& exhaust. can squeeze close to 2 more running 1600rpm on flat road/ no stop & go

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Somewhere between 55-60mph, been ridin round town for a couple of days and its down to 18-18.5mpg right now. I took a trip to Ontario in November with three atv's ,12' trailer, bed and shell loaded to the gills runnin 80-85mph and got 13.5-14mpg. I didnt think that was to bad for the rpm's we were runnin but I was just wonderin if anyone had found something I hadn't, thanks

·
On a new learning curve!
1,054 Posts
Wish I got 19 even on a good day I don't get that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
my overhead is ALWAYS 3 or 4 mpg higher than what I am actually getting.

06 Megacab, 5.9, 4x4, auto, all stock except for k&n gets at best 14 unloaded on the hwy. 7k or 14k of trailer puts it btw 9 and 11 depending on speeds...

worst was 85 mph across Kansas last October with 14k of trailer with cross wind... 6.2 mpg...yeah yeah yeah...i know waaaay fast, but was ready to be in Moab...

mac 'hand calculated' gyvr

·
Banned
5,596 Posts
ARE YOU KIDDING ME??????????? That is fantastic mileage.

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
My overhead has been 9 mpg higher than hand calculated.

The only thing the overhead numbers are good for is impressing someone else...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts