Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 04.5 short box cc nv5600 with a con ofe clutch. I want a programer that will give better off the line and mid range. Most of my driving is running empty mixed driving. I do tow heavy short runs usaly 20000-25000lbs. off the pintle hitch. I am now building the off road capability of the truck. I like the reviews of the smarty but want egt, boost display and more control of power out put. For that reason I am considering tst cr49. My real question is how dose this work compared to a smarty? Is it a good box on it's own?

·
2,246 Posts
The TST is more of a top end setup and can be very violent. You'll need some supporting mods to get all the benefits from it. Honestly, the Smarty is the one hands down. The Best low and midrange power out there. IMO use the Smarty with a Quadzilla Commander Monitor for all your gauges and upgrade your lift pump and you should be good and the new Smarty programs keep EGT's in check.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
I say Edge Juce W/Attitude

1 - 4 of 4 Posts