Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed my injection pump (out for rebuild), power steering pump (it was bad), cam cover (KDP fix) about two weeks ago. And I remember this 0-ring needed replacing. But now I can't for the life of me remember where it went.:doh: Can someone here identify it? Thank you.

·
Cummins Fanatic/INJECTION PUMP TECH ADVISOR
436 Posts
That's a tough one. There should be no o-ring involved with removing or installing the injection pump. The front gear cover of the engine has no o-ring either. I don't remember the power steering pump needing one either but I'm not 100%. It really depends on what you have removed to do the work listed. The only o-ring I could think of is on the pin under the injection pump used to pin the engine at TDC but it looks a little big.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only o-ring I could think of is on the pin under the injection pump used to pin the engine at TDC but it looks a little big.
YES!!!! That's it. I remember now. The o-ring was swollen and I couldn't push in the timing pin. I removed the o-ring and it was on my list of stuff to replace. Thank you!:thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts