Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my tranny went and im no to sure what good rebuild kits are the best bang for the buck im looking to build my tranny to hold around 700-800 horse and maybe 1500ft lbs of totque i also need help on what torque converter to run with it any input would be great:)

·
Premium Member
12,068 Posts
Well the tranny in my D8 Cat can take that, but then it weighs over 4,000 pounds and carries 32 gallon of fluid. You might be able to get it to fit. This is about in line with your HP aspirations..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
look im just not sure what kind of rebuild kit would be best im not saying im pushing that now but i will one day and sense im heir doing the tran i just need some input on what would be a good route to go with.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
my tranny went and im no to sure what good rebuild kits are the best bang for the buck im looking to build my tranny to hold around 700-800 horse and maybe 1500ft lbs of totque i also need help on what torque converter to run with it any input would be great:)
1st off you bought the wrong truck to get 700-800hp out of a daily driver. Your easily looking at twin turbo's, new cam, custom injectors, lots of fuel, lots of air, and lots of money. 2nd dozer is prob one of the most educated posters on this forum. Please respect the mods and ppl with high post counts, they normally know what they are talking about.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i wasnt being disrespect full wasnt trying to be. i know what i need to get there man im just trying figure out what the best route would be i would greatly apreciate help

·
Premium Member
12,068 Posts
There are several vendors that support this formum that offer all you need. There is probablly a local to you supplier that has needed items. Do a search for local tranny parts suppliers. The various suppliers are reasonablly price and quality competive so there may not be a hugh price difference. If you are not comfortable rebuilding, vist several tranny rebuilders locally and listen to their suggestions, prices, and warranties.

Reactions: tank223

·
Registered
765 Posts
just bought a suncoast rebuild kit with BD billet imput and output, valve body, triple disc converter, flexplate and cooler kit. should be good for 600+hp

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey dozer how do you think this hould hold up for that. thank you sorry if you thought i was being rude

Alto Red/Kolene Steel Rebuilt Kit with 2nd Gear Band
Billet Input
Billet Servo, Accumulator, kick down lever, anchor and strut
Double Deep pan
Billet Single Disc Converter
HTS Custom Valvebody
New Electronics
Billet Output

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also do you think i will need to replace the front oil pump itself

·
Premium Member
12,068 Posts
Inspect oil pump for severe scoring and reassimble with gears in same position. Seldom needs replace.
I am not a fan of the red clutches and prefer the new fiberglass or whatever. They will work fine with ATF+4. I wish someone could convince me which is the best band material. And that flex bands are really better than old style..I think they are.
With the Kickdown servo upgrade, do not go higher than 4.2 lever. the 3.8 is satsifactory. Good choices on balance.
All is well, just have to give a reality check occasionally.

Reactions: tank223

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for all your help i appreciate it is you d8 a new version or older one i saw an older one in antartica that had the pony motor to get it started they say that they still cant make anything that can match them ill send you a pic of one that fell thrue yhe ice if you want

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Heh tank223 you already have the BD valvebody what's the advantage of going with the HTS custom valvebody?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im not impressed with it at all i didnt notice any diffrence at all with it and ive heard good things about the hts so im going to try it:)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im not happy with the bd at all i didnt notice any difrence i heard good things about the hts so im trying

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Thanks for the info on the vb looking for info to rebuild mine too trying to get the best bang for my buck.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
np i heard all they do is put a shift kit them and thats it and my buddy bought one and it wouldnt shift or do anything at all and they said it was his fault and we are mechs for the navy and weve done many valve bodys and they almost didnt give him his money back i would go with anything else besides the bd valve body

1 - 16 of 16 Posts