Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my reman turbo cartridge today and got just about every thing put together when I realized that my oil supply line wont hook up.:banghead::banghead: My line is a 3/8 double inverted flare and the new turbo has some kind of metric threads cut in it they are just a little smaller than 1/4 pipe and a little bigger than a 10mm bolt. So what the crap? Does anybody have any idea what fitting the turbo cartridge might be cut for or mabye where I can get one like yesterday? Thanks!!!

·
SW Idaho Chapter
294 Posts
I think its an #4(1/4) ORB(o-ring boss) to #8(1/2) forseal

·
Registered
501 Posts
hey-Hey!!!,
I ran into that issue when I put an HX35 on my 1990. The baby H1C has the fitting machined into the cartridge, and the later ones need an adapter. They take the same oil line. Seems you got a late-model cartridge with the early(small) compressor wheel. The folks who sold you the cartridge should be able to sell you the required fitting. Make sure you get an O-ring to seal the fitting to the cartridge.
cheers,
Douglas

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now You have me wandering what is the difference in the compressor wheels?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Now You have me wandering what is the difference in the compressor wheels?
hey-Hey!!!,
This is the logic I apply...:) hopefully it is not a big pile of steaming logic...heh-heh-heh. The '89 in your sig should come with a baby H1C that has its oil line fitting machined in the CHRA. It would come with a compressor wheel having a 50mm inducer and an 83mm exducer. Now you say you've got a new CHRA that needs an adapter fitting...that would be at the earliest a 1991.5 for an IC'd truck and would normally come with a 54mm inducer and 83mm exducer. Not sure about the means of attaching the compressor snail/housing to the CHRA...never paid much attention to that bit ov detail.
cheers,
Douglas

Reactions: 48kenworth

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I didnt have any problem getting the compressor housing on and the shaft still spins good. Turbo supply is sending me the right fitting (I hope). The reason I asked about the inducer is because I got the oil line temporarily hooked up with several fittings took it for a drive and now my turbo sounds different. I guess it is just spinning better now IDK?

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok the fitting is M12X1.50 male by 3/8 sae inverted flare female ( there are different flare angles). The 3/8 inverted flare has 5/8X11 threads. Just in case anybody else does a search maybe they will find this because I could'nt find sqaut!

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Oops!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Crap!!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts