Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To make a long story short i have a aem intake,bullydog tripledog and a fass150 system but yesterday i was pulling my 34' traveltrailer weighing 11,000 and my quad in the bed but was pulling a long hill and you know the whistle from these intakes well the whistle went to like a air whoosing sound when i was in it pretty good and from then on my EGT'S were climbing really high from then on and it would pull but not like it should. So today i come home and the same thing the whole way home till i almost got home then the check engine light came on and the pedal was dead like no turbo so i limped it in to my buddies to get it towed do ya think a turbo?????

·
Registered
993 Posts
Ckeck all your intake tube boots. Sounds like one blew out. Or maybe the intercooler.

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
If '05, make sure you didn't blow the intercooler. Else, like Buck08 said, check your intercooler boots. Sounds like you blew one or blew one off...

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i hope thats all that it is there is so much going threw my head its at the garage but it threw some code then when i started the engine light was out and the urbo would whistle and spool up MAN THIS SUCKS!!!

·
Registered
993 Posts
It should throw a code since it would be losing all the boost through the leak. The turbo would whistle and spool at idle???

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all info is good to ease my mind but it might not be as bad as i think!!

·
Registered
993 Posts
Good luck. Hopefully its just a boot blown out!

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
okay bud let ya know tommorrow take care

·
I wanna go fast...
3,475 Posts
Yeah, check your intercooler boots...I blew one today towing my boat home. EGT's went through the roof and could not get over 10psi. Popped the hood and found one slipped on the intake side. Typical, the hardest one to get to:CRY::CRY:

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I really looked hard and didnt see a boot off but it could be hidden i'll find out today

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah dealer just called said the gasket on the intercooler is blown and going to replace it but the part is on backorder,man i feel lonely without my truck

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
Hell...if it's a boot, I'd just get a set of BD's (or other) ordered. Then you'd know it's done right and won't happen again! :w:

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They said it wasnt a boot it was a gasket that holds the intercooler together it is a "05"bbram" you ever heard of anything like this i wonder if it was my boostfooler that caused it?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Sometimes the tanks on the side will separate from the cores. I've had this happen on one of my big trucks. The stockers just aren't that good for anything over stock. You can run it after it gets fixed, but the next time it happens I would look into an aftermarket unit. Much better quality, and better cooling.

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
Uh oh :thud:...MAKE them replace your intercooler. You clearly have a plastic one and it's just going to keep blowing and running a boost fooler is only going to make it worse!

·
Premium Member
27,510 Posts

·
Fill Diesel Only
1,033 Posts
I would say yes to the boost fooler. 2 days after getting my fooler my intercooler did that. cost me 850 for a new one. The new ones come with welded ends so no more issures there. I hit about 45lbs of boost a couple times and it let go. sounds bad and has no jam. It took about an hr to change the thing.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Well atleast it isnt too major!!!

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So you say the new one are beefed up bbramctd that would be nice now when i get it back i have to throw all my stuff on it

1 - 20 of 25 Posts