Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Help!! Throttle sticks to floor

1006 Views 6 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  bennjerry1
I went out to start the cummins after sitting for two weeks and as i usually do i steped the pedal to the floor to make sure it doesnt stick and it did, the only way to get it back up is to manualy push it back from the engine bay the recall was done so any ideas???? 1997 club cab long bed auto with four wheel drive
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
still trying to figure out how everything works here but it is a 1997 auto 4x4 with 150000 miles and zero mods to it thanks.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
will take a look tonight thanks

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright so i go to look around to see whats doing with the linkages and push the throtle and it doesnt stick at all now. i havent done anything to it the only thing that has changed is the tempature is about 20 degres warmer than when it was sticking. so anyone every have this problem?

· Registered
79 Posts
check all the joints on the linkage and look for rust, wear or any sort of contamination. try pressing the pedal at different angles to see if it sticks when you side load it meaning not pressing straight head on to the pedal. check you carpet/ mat. if all checks out ok then maybe ice formed at the pivots in the linkage. oil will solve that problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.