Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was leaving a job tonight and realized thanks to the nonstop dinging that my left taillight was out. Its not just the turn signal or the brake light, but the whole rear drivers side taillight is out. I am guessing it must be a fuse problem, but I checked the fuses on the drivers side under the hood and they all look good. Any help would be greatly appreciated considering I don't have time to hit the dealership tomorrow and I would rather not have to deal with getting a ticket tomorrow!:thumbsup

·
Registered
205 Posts
Think about this before you spend money... the whole tail light is out? Would that be a fuse (no power kills both sides) or a loose connector like the one behind the light?? Try pulling the tail light assembley and cleaning the connector before you spend bucks at the stealership. A little dielectric compound goes a long way!!! Good Luck... Chris

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I'd suggest pulling the taillight assembly as well, probably just a loose connection, but you never know, it could be both bulbs/filaments?!?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am pretty sure it is a loose connection. I was driving to work this morning and hit a small pothole and amazingly enough my lights work again. So now I am just debating if I want to deal with it myself or go yell at the dealership.:lol3:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts