Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

HELP! superchips problem now have dead truck

13373 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  milesdodgeboy
i have a 2002 cummins 2500 4x4 truck, i went to install the performance tune into my truck with my cortex 3950 SN#1452902, everything was going normally when it was at 44.6% download it froze and the superchips restarted as if it was just plugged in. It started back up and prompted "tuning installed", then came up "locked recovery", it required to restart saying "turn ignition of f" yes it read off like that, then asked "turn ignition on", then asked "disconnect fusible link refer to manual" manual states fusible link is for a 03-05 cummins with blue wire, i looked under the hood for a fusible link and nothing, i tried continuing with the superchip with the prompts as if i disconnected and reconnect the fusible link, and again the superchips glitched and started over as if it was just plugged in, my truck no longer starts it turns over but nothing, someone please help

thank you in advanced
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
i have a 2002 cummins 2500 4x4 truck, i went to install the performance tune into my truck with my cortex 3950 SN#1452902, everything was going normally when it was at 44.6% download it froze and the superchips restarted as if it was just plugged in. It started back up and prompted "tuning installed", then came up "locked recovery", it required to restart saying "turn ignition of f" yes it read off like that, then asked "turn ignition on", then asked "disconnect fusible link refer to manual" manual states fusible link is for a 03-05 cummins with blue wire, i looked under the hood for a fusible link and nothing, i tried continuing with the superchip with the prompts as if i disconnected and reconnect the fusible link, and again the superchips glitched and started over as if it was just plugged in, my truck no longer starts it turns over but nothing, someone please help

thank you in advanced
should have bought a smarty :hehe: Seriously though it may be best to get ahold of superchips tech support.

Registered
Seems like it was re-writing data or something and it either was overwriting while it bunged up and left the truck trying to do two things at once.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have my cummins up and running again, there wasn't a problem with the tuner, it was the previous owner, for some reason the OBD2 connector was cut then butt connected back together :banghead: who ever uses butt connectors on vehicles should be shot! I had used the programmer before on my truck and never had a problem, the one wire must of finally came free of that butt connector as i was installing, my luck of course. I would of never looked underneath if i wasn't so fustrated with my truck not running, i have some soldering and heat shrinking to do now

If anyone has locked recovery come up and asked to disconnect fusible link on a 02 and older cummins with using a superchips, pull underhood fuses 4(blue) and 7(pink) then reinstall them when prompt to reconnect fusible link

i just like to give a special thanks to the superchips tech support they are A+ in my book

Registered
I have my cummins up and running again, there wasn't a problem with the tuner, it was the previous owner, for some reason the OBD2 connector was cut then butt connected back together :banghead: who ever uses butt connectors on vehicles should be shot! I had used the programmer before on my truck and never had a problem, the one wire must of finally came free of that butt connector as i was installing, my luck of course. I would of never looked underneath if i wasn't so fustrated with my truck not running, i have some soldering and heat shrinking to do now

If anyone has locked recovery come up and asked to disconnect fusible link on a 02 and older cummins with using a superchips, pull underhood fuses 4(blue) and 7(pink) then reinstall them when prompt to reconnect fusible link

i just like to give a special thanks to the superchips tech support they are A+ in my book
This story kind of reminds me of trying to wire up some splashguard lights with scotch lock connectors:hehe: Got everything wired up, turned the light switch on, and only one light in the middle was lit up:rof:rof:rof:rof Good to see that you got your beast up and running again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.