Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were installing gov springs. Thought we got the first set on and then while rotating the motor to the other side forgot to put the outer spring on. Well we told ourselves we would come back to it after we get the next set since we are half way there. About at that time the pump stopped turning.... we could turn the motor in either direction and the pump wouldnt turn... *oh * then we tried and tried to turn it before we decided as a last resort to bump the motor *really really really bad idea* even though we did had a plastic sack to stuff over the intake manifold....... we bumped it a few times and one time it decided to start and we snuffed it out after we thought we almost were going to surely die.......... the pump turned with the motor again oddly enough.... we put on the second set and proceeded to back to the first set and then it stopped again..... however this time you could spin the springs in the pump a half turn....*we were really worried* however my friend pushed on got everything back together and we tried to start it and it began to runaway again however the fuel cutoff solenoid worked to kill it now that it was hooked back up? is the governer arm bent, broken? or is something else wrong and what will it take to fix?

btw to add to the first run away we had a thick rag we stuck over the intake manifold first *air sucked right through it* stuffed a plastic bad over that *didnt work* it bogged it down but wouldnt die before i got the brilliant idea for him to shove it into a high gear... i think we all almost crapped out pants that day.....:doh:

·
Banned
1,201 Posts
me and my buddy had his 92 1st gen go into runaway on the freeway..... the pump feld.

HOLY CHIT MAN..... that was scary. goin as fast as that biatch would go down the road:whip:. finally got it to slow an dumped 5th gear to kill it. then we got out checked around, thought it was a fluke.

started it up again(starter was out so had to push start).... and it went to runaway again:doh:.... we were off like a bandit again:whip:

·
Registered
368 Posts
me and my buddy had his 92 1st gen go into runaway on the freeway..... the pump feld.

HOLY CHIT MAN..... that was scary. goin as fast as that biatch would go down the road:whip:. finally got it to slow an dumped 5th gear to kill it. then we got out checked around, thought it was a fluke.

started it up again(starter was out so had to push start).... and it went to runaway again:doh:.... we were off like a bandit again:whip:
ya thats a really s***y felling iv had the springs on the throtle kick back break and i ened up with a run away throw down to during rush hour

1 - 4 of 4 Posts