Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am new to the site, but I am in need of some help. I have a 2003 Dodge Shortbed 6 Speed Diesel. The outer u joint on the front axle is bad. I cant seem to get the rotor off to see what else I need to do. I removed the caliper and caliper bracket, removed the hub nut, removed the 4 hub bolts in the back of the hub and I still cant get it off. I tried the extension trick and bent one of the hub bolts. What am I missing. I am very frustrated and in need of someone with experience on one of these. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I had the same problem , all I did was heat it up with a torch just on the outer rim just next to the lugs, then with a 2/4 and a BFH tap tap tap. I hope this helps.

·
Fill Diesel Only
1,033 Posts
Ussally tapping with a hammer will do it. If your rotor is that stuck, the bearing is going to be fun. If I was you while your knuckles are still bleeding I would do the other side as well, unless it was done recently. A large puller will be an asset, With pressure and the hammer things let go better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts