Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st post here, so bear w/ me. I've read up on a lot of similar posts here and am looking for a little clarification if possible. I've got an '02 3500 5.9 auto that recently threw up some codes on me 1693, 0122, and 0382. I replaced the fuel filter and the irregular throttle response that I recently started to have took a break on me, but now it's back. It looks as though the 0122 code refers to needing a new apps sensor--and I see the 'alternate apps sensor' here. Does anyone think replacing the apps sensor would cure my problem? The irregular throttle seems to happen in lower rpm range---or maybe am I looking at a new lift pump? I know this subject has been addressed many times here before----I'm just hoping not to be robbed at my local dealer. Also, for the somewhat mechanically challenged, is the replacement of the apps w/ in my abilities. Thanks in advance.

·
cumminsforum.com
26,302 Posts
Yes it will coreect your throttle problem. What happens over time is the carbon strip wears out and the voltage drop intermittantly and creates the dead pedal and the P0122 error code.

No.. The voltage adjustment WILL NOT FIX this problem! I've added to my current write up about this!

APPS Sensor
(Bottom of the page)

And the link to the alternate APPS.
Alternate APPS

1 - 2 of 2 Posts