Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I recently bought my first 5.9 cummins, 179XXX miles on it.
Great truck, today I just did my first oil change. I have done them on my friends powerstroke a few times, so im not new to this.
Its currently about 10 degrees out and very cold, but we decided to to mine anyway, did the oil, went fine. Changed the filter too. Got to the fuel filter..
Couldnt get the filter out. Loosened up the bottom bolt nd drained the housing(not needed I guess, and just found out) anyway, it got dark and colder fast, so I gave up. Was gonna do it first thing in the morning.
I started the truck but totally forgot to prime the pump. It didnt fire at first, obviously, I let it sit (not being on) and the cranked it about a minute later and it fired right up,
Did I do anything that will damage or could damage the truck? Or am I worrying too much now. Freakin out.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
nope. the common rail fuel system is a self-priming system so it bleeds out any air on its own. should be good.

Reactions: ty-wa
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.