Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im asking for your help hears the situation,the owner before me had a 7 pin trailer hook up and brake but on the back end of the truck its just a frigging hack job of crappy wire splices and what not,i ended up cutting all the junk off and im just trying to wire my taillights back the the original harness on the truck but im having quite the time. I've got everything all neat and tidy but my problem is i cant read wire diagrams in my manual very well so was wondering if you guys knew what wires splice together and also my other problem is im pretty sure my truck came stock wire a trailer hook up would that explain why there is wires left over with nothing to hook them up to?thanks for any help guys cause im really going to need it.:S::confused013::doh:

·
Registered
331 Posts
simple way to figure out what each wire is to use a test light on them, then operate different functions. example: (left turn signal, right turn signal, headlights on/off, etc) test lights are cheap at local auto store too...under $10 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
u mean one of those ones where it lights up if theirs power to it also theirs no wires connected so are you saying just try and hook them up and do it that way.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bump any help

·
Registered
393 Posts
u mean one of those ones where it lights up if theirs power to it also theirs no wires connected so are you saying just try and hook them up and do it that way.
yes, one that lights up....
it will have a clamp(ground to frame) and test each wire by sticking the tip to each wire(bare end)....
be sure to turn your blinkers on while trying to test....also have somone hit the brakes to identify that wire. then turn on running lights and identify that one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.