Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend that has an 07 with the 5.9 and he said he has a blueish grey smoke that comes out of his exhaust. he said it it is not the black smoke we all like to see. He said it still runs fine but has never seen a truck smoke that color before. All he has done to it is an AFE stage II and he cut the cat off. He only has about 13,000 miles on it. Could this be bad fuel or is it something else. Thanks for any help. :thumbsup

·
Diesel Junkie
4,683 Posts
I have a friend that has an 07 with the 5.9 and he said he has a blueish grey smoke that comes out of his exhaust. he said it it is not the black smoke we all like to see. He said it still runs fine but has never seen a truck smoke that color before. All he has done to it is an AFE stage II and he cut the cat off. He only has about 13,000 miles on it. Could this be bad fuel or is it something else. Thanks for any help. :thumbsup
Smoke all the time? or just when the engine is still cold? Some blue/white smoke is normal when it's not warmed up all the way.....there is a flash to fix excessive white smoke on start up.....I had it done,but didn't notice much of a difference......still get a little when the engine is cold.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Smoke all the time? or just when the engine is still cold? Some blue/white smoke is normal when it's not warmed up all the way.....there is a flash to fix excessive white smoke on start up.....I had it done,but didn't notice much of a difference......still get a little when the engine is cold.
He said it will smoke all the time does not matter if it is cold or warmed up. He said his bumper is a blueish color, like the color when metal/aluminun gets to hot and leaves it that blueish color. Thanks for the reply.

·
Banned
393 Posts
I had a 12 valve that had a bluish gray smoke to it, not a ton, but enough to see. The Cummins mechanis down here at a Mack Truck dealership claimed it was caused from a dirty filter. I put on a new filter, and the problem for the most part went away.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a 12 valve that had a bluish gray smoke to it, not a ton, but enough to see. The Cummins mechanis down here at a Mack Truck dealership claimed it was caused from a dirty filter. I put on a new filter, and the problem for the most part went away.[/QUOT

Was that an air filter or a fuel filter. thanks :thumbsup

·
Diesel Junkie
4,683 Posts
I had a 12 valve that had a bluish gray smoke to it, not a ton, but enough to see. The Cummins mechanis down here at a Mack Truck dealership claimed it was caused from a dirty filter. I put on a new filter, and the problem for the most part went away.[/QUOT

Was that an air filter or a fuel filter. thanks :thumbsup

It would have been the fuel filter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts