Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Help please

471 5
Ok so i noticed that when i give my truck fuel, like push on the fuel peddle, my transfer case arm,(has 4L, N, 2H, 4H) it moves backwards when i give it fuel, and when in reverse it moves forwards. Is this normal I just happened to notice it, thanks a lot everyone!:yourock:
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3,126 Posts
yea its normal cause it is hook up to the transfer case and everything moves with you hit the go pedal... watch it when you hit a bump, it will move alittle too

· Registered
598 Posts
is there any driveability issues when it happens? does it pull out of 2H when it happens? never really noticed mine...

· Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nah, she drives normal, it was just weird to watch this haha, i wouldn't usually look down then i did for some reason and got a little worried

· Registered
3,126 Posts
no issue... its like a shaker hood on a old mopar... its just the drivetrain flexing... nothing to worry about

· Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great, thanks guys for the quick helpful replies. I was also wondering, i just had my rear end seal replaced, where the drive shaft goes into the diff, and its leaking again, the mechanic said something about some bolt that he tightened and it was still a bit lose so it could still leak, he said that could be up to 600 dollars to get fixed... does that sound realistic? I work at a car dealer ship now so i could try and work out something with a mechanic to help me or something, thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.