Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I went out to start my truck and when I turned the key on everything looked good to go. After waiting for the wait to start to go out I turned the key to fire it up and nothing. It was like the alarm was still activated. I turned the ignition off and tried to lock and unlock the truck nothing would work from the key fob. Finally after checking fuses and disconnecting the power supply for the KARR alarm system I tried to fire it up again and the same thing happened. So I reconnected everything and hit the unlock on the key fob and the truck honked and blinked so I knew the alarm was deactivated. Truck started right up after that. I also noticed while I played with the wires under the dash that goes to the little eye with the button on the back side that screws onto the bottom of the dash panel the door lock will lock and unlock by them self. maybe that explains while I'm driving the door locks go crazy sometimes. Anyways I was thinking about taking the Karr alarm system off the truck cause I do not feel it has ever been right. Will my power door locks still work if I take the system off? Or any other Ideas would be great thanks. Sorrry for such a long write up.:banghead:

· Registered
246 Posts
As long as it is taken out carefully and properly, your door locks and such will work just as they did before the alarm install. Hopefully it was installed by a competent installer and the wiring connections are clean and easy to rework back to stock.

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As long as it is taken out carefully and properly, your door locks and such will work just as they did before the alarm install. Hopefully it was installed by a competent installer and the wiring connections are clean and easy to rework back to stock.
It was installed by the dealer before I bought it. I had it pretty much out yesertday it was not to bad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.