Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting a set of swing cases for my 2015 C/C 3500 LB Dually, and all the websites say it will fit, but their web site says not for a 13-15 3500, so I called Undercover, the mfg last week and the guy said that if I cut the rear tie down off it will fit. I called today to double ck before I wacked off the rear tie down, and another guy said it still won't fit because of the way the tail light is mounted in the 13-15 3500's.

So, what I'm asking is does anyone have them in a 13-15 3500?

Thanks for any help!

H

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have one in my 3500. No issues. I have a SRW tho and not sure if anything is different inside the box between the two

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Swing Box

Did you have to cut off your tie down? Mine is located on the rear pillar and not on the side like most.

·
Administrator
7,070 Posts
Here are a couple pictures that should help. First, how the swing case mounts. Second showing where the tie down is on a short bed SRW.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I had no modifications

·
Registered
90 Posts
i have one of these installed on the passenger side in my 3500 SRW. Installation did not require any modification. I chose to skip the drivers side as i would need to remove it while towing our 5th wheel (7-pin plug).

·
Registered
380 Posts
its been durable. I only have the one and it has slings, clevis, bug juice, few wrenches and a multi bit driver and some tape and ty-raps. if i remember right they were just a little self tappers to mount. install takes < 1 Beer i find measuring time in beer to be a fair unit of measure

·
Registered
7 Posts
I worry about drilling into the bed with self tapping screws and then having the unfinished metal start to rust. Am I being paranoid?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Mine lasted 2 years before it broke, work in construction though so truck gets used hard. I was glad to get rid of it though as it makes the rear tie down point unusable

Reactions: MK2018

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine lasted 2 years before it broke, work in construction though so truck gets used hard. I was glad to get rid of it though as it makes the rear tie down point unusable
Glad to know. $200 for 2 years.....I think I'll pass. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
449 Posts
I worry about drilling into the bed with self tapping screws and then having the unfinished metal start to rust. Am I being paranoid?
Your truck, your money, so your call.

But it is a truck bed, they get beat to death all over. The rest of the truck will fall apart before you have to worry about some rust from screw holes. It is a FCA product afterall.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Your truck, your money, so your call.

But it is a truck bed, they get beat to death all over. The rest of the truck will fall apart before you have to worry about some rust from screw holes. It is a FCA product afterall.
I live on Gulf of Mexico so I don't have to deal with road salt and that ridiculous spray they us up north but we have some salty humid air. We will see how long until the metal starts to look like Swiss cheese.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I hear you, I'm just up the road from you. My paint overall is doing well on my 13, a few spots on the roof could use attention but it isn't terrible. I have bedliner and pull my gooseneck more than haul rough crap in my bed so that is holding up well for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I hear you, I'm just up the road from you. My paint overall is doing well on my 13, a few spots on the roof could use attention but it isn't terrible. I have bedliner and pull my gooseneck more than haul rough crap in my bed so that is holding up well for me.
Around where do you live Hall00?

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Looking for some help. Installed the cargo cam and harness yesterday. Set the setting to enable it.
Today the button is on the screen but when I push it, it goes to my tailgate camera. Also getting a brake light out warning but they all come on. My radio system software is 18.43.

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
“H” - The rear pillar of the dually bed is different from the SRW bed. The bottom angles out into the opening to add reinforcement. The SRW is straight. You could probably trim out a rectangle but the pillar sticks out bout 1” which could interfere with the hinged opening.

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
i just use a 5gallon bucket haha

1 - 17 of 17 Posts