Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What years have a manual transmission with the 4x4 that's a 4 door? And is a 5 speed or 6 speed better. I'm 15 and my dad told me these were good diesels. We all have 7.3 power strokes but he said the cummins are easier to modify and the trans in manuals last longer. So I'm going to try and buy a cummins with manual trans, 4 door, and a 4x4 he also said 97-02 are the best years. Not sure if true or not. Also is a 6.7 or 5.9 better? Main uses. Hauling 16ft trailer. Off-road fun. Not pro and everyday truck

·
Banned
2,125 Posts
What years have a manual transmission with the 4x4 that's a 4 door? And is a 5 speed or 6 speed better. I'm 15 and my dad told me these were good diesels. We all have 7.3 power strokes but he said the cummins are easier to modify and the trans in manuals last longer. So I'm going to try and buy a cummins with manual trans, 4 door, and a 4x4 he also said 97-02 are the best years. Not sure if true or not. Also is a 6.7 or 5.9 better? Main uses. Hauling 16ft trailer. Off-road fun. Not pro and everyday truck
2003 and up have manual transmission and 4-doors.

All your different Ram Generations: Ram (truck) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.