Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone my name is Eric and I have been a lurking for a while here and this is my first post so please be nice!
Well I have a 02 Cummins 6 speed with a II hot rod VP, and I think it took a poo on me. I was going to work the other day and the truck just quit on me. The worst part was that I had to be towed to work by a F-150. I have to fuel to the vp and to injectors 3-6 but it is not by any means high pressure. So I guess my question is if anybody has a good VP sitting around that would be willing to let me swap it on to see if that is in fact my problem that would be awesome. Oh, and no codes pulled with the smarty or the key trick. Also It has a FASS 150 that has supplied the pump with 20 psi for the life of the vp. I am in Rootstown if anybody is wondering.

Thanks,
Eric

· Got P7100?
6,489 Posts
Yep sounds like an injection pump. I would swap in a so pump while you have the chance, or go back to a HRVP

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think that there is but, is there anybody around here that can rebuild this pump or am I just going to have to buy a new one? This kinda sucks cause the pump only has like 40k on it and I would think that it should last longer then that. How hard would it be to swap in a p-pump or would it not be worth it on a daily driver?

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does anyone know if Columbus Diesel or anybody else that can rebuild a vp? I am not sure if these things can be rebuilt or not. Or should I just suck it up and buy a new pump?:confused013:

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well just an update, I put a new vp on the truck and it's running like a champ! Now I just need to get my FASS pump rebuilt and I will be good to go. Big thanks to Wally at FTE Diesel.:yourock::thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.