Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have whats in my signature and this is what i have plans for and want some help.

I want to get some DDP injectors cant decide from the 90, 110, or 150. i wont be able to get a turbo for a while so would 150 be too much heat i barely ever tow should i just stick to the 110s or will i wish i went bigger? When i get money for a turbo Im thinking a phat shaft or super phat shaft 62. Then maybe stack a smarty with my adrenaline. SO what horse injectors would go good with that turbo but will work with my hx 35 in the mean time?

and finally with all that stuff what clutch should i get. mostly just daily driving barely ever tow who knows i might want to race or pull it from time to time. I want to go with a valair clutch but which one because ill probably need it before injectors.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I would go with the 150's no matter what you get you will always wont to go bigger.You would probably be alright with your stock clutch for now,if you dont get crazy with it.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
As for a clutch I got the con fe,It is very grabby i dont think i could sled pull with it, and sure cant spool it up to drag race. I would go with a Double disk if i had to do it over again

·
Registered
213 Posts
Jbarker got me Hooked on a valair Dual Disk.. And i haven't even got the money to Buy it yet! From what it sounds like your going to be using the Smoke Pedal quite a bit... Might as well Do it right the First time! :thumbsup

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I have heard good things about Valair.When mine go's out i will be getting one of them

·
Premium Member
3,941 Posts
150's will definitely get hot with the HX-35. Myself, I wouldn't drop 150's in without a turbo upgrade. Too much cylinder wash and soot loading in the engine oil.

·
Go for Broke
6,699 Posts
150's with a Adrenaline on a stock turbo????....WOW....that will get HOT fast

you need air along with fuel to make power.....and your EGT's will be through the roof

if it were me i'd save your money and get a turbo with injectors at the same time

·
Premium Member
3,941 Posts
if it were me i'd save your money and get a turbo with injectors at the same time
My son works in a diesel performance shop, they won't sell or install big injectors if you don't have the air to burn the fuel and a head that will hold it. Just too many problems.

·
Premium Member
6,910 Posts
150's with a Adrenaline on a stock turbo????....WOW....that will get HOT fast

you need air along with fuel to make power.....and your EGT's will be through the roof

Well of course not on a stock turbo, however there are many folks that do. On a SPS62 as he was talking about in his post. 150's and that turbo are a good combo.

·
Registered
19 Posts
a sps62 and a set of 150 sticks with some kind of wire tap box is an awsome setup for the street and will put down close to 500 hp

·
Go for Broke
6,699 Posts
Well of course not on a stock turbo, however there are many folks that do. On a SPS62 as he was talking about in his post. 150's and that turbo are a good combo.
agreed ....150's and an after market turbo does make a great combo.....but on a stock turbo thats a little much

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I had 130's,a stock turbo, a edge comp and a stock clutch on my truck.If you dont try to race people and keep it on low settings you want have a problem.But that is hard to do and i would not do it again.

·
It's got 12 Valves...
4,472 Posts
I am running a stock turbo, stock clutch, 150's and an Adrenaline :lol3:...but I am trying to get this fixed just working on the funds :$::$:

·
Registered
750 Posts
I ran 150's and Adrenaline on my stocker for awhile before upgrading. It did get hot real quick but it can al be controlled by the right foot. My stock clutch was gone the day I put the 150's in.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts