Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so right now I have a tuff counrty 5in inch lift. I really would like to urgrade it to a 7in. What would it take? would my shocks be fine I got now? would all my steering brackets and what not be ok still if i went up another 2in? You dont have to upgrade that stuff when u put a 2in leveling kit on a stock truck. so I wouldnt think Id have to mess around with anything up there would I??

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
you should really reconsider, the front coils ...good idea, no problem using both spring and spacer, but if your getting springs do it all with spring, as far as the back goes, dont go over 3 with a block, get new leafs and dont skimp, youll be glad you didnt, might as well get new shocks so that youre happy with the ride. front shock towers can be shortened some if needed. you an even install a flat plate for around 5" difference

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is top gun customz the best site for this stuff? I NEVER take my truck off roading its just for show. im trying to keep it as cheap as possible.

·
Registered
503 Posts
thats were i got all my stuff for my 7in..i did coils and spacers...you have the tallest block that i can find..i made spacer like the new trucks have to level the rear out

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what kind of spacers in the rear are you talking about? maybe some pics? i want my truck 2 sit level or maybe a tad higher in the front. i hate when the front is lower than back.

·
Registered
71 Posts
(BEST)I would go with the TGC 6" coils, Pure performance long arm kit up front. Full 6" leaf packs for the rear.(Cheapest) 6" TGC coils up front and 1" spacer under the 5.5" block in the Rear. Take your stock rear blocks and have them trimmed to 1". I think you have to go with the 7" Skyjacker pitman arm also, 5.5 inch pitman wont work. Thats what top gun customz told me anyways. I am gonna have my stock blocks trimmed and combine them with my 5.5 inch blocks so I have a more leveld ride

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the input. Im not sure what im going to do yet. il call top gun 2morro n ask them bout the pitman.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my truck is somewhat level now, so if i got the skyjacker 7in coil (and pitman arm), that would lift my front 2.5in more than the 4.5 spacer did. so then id have to raise the rear 2in more. then it would sit fairly level jus a bit taller in front the way id want it.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
any1 else? i guess id like 2 go the cheapest way. i NEVER go offroad. thanks

·
Dey took er jerbs!
1,741 Posts
Subscribed....
I was thinking of doing this for my truck, but I would be going from 6" to 8". Just concerned about the steering geomerty up front....

·
Registered
503 Posts
if you look at newer trucks, they dont have blocks...they have little metal spacers on the axle..so i made 4 one inch blocks and drilled them in the center with a half inch hole for the center bolt..then put 2 on each side. also removed the sway bar..i have the 5.5 inch pitman arm..topgun didn't tell me i need the 7inch one..maybe i will call them and ask...

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
allready did the pure lngarm , wouldnt recomend it for under 8" , not to practical, as for the rear you could do a custom shackle for little money

·
Registered
503 Posts
topguns 5inch kit..i just put my level kit on in the front and did a 3inch add-a-leaf in the rear with my home made spacer..

·
Dey took er jerbs!
1,741 Posts
if you look at newer trucks, they dont have blocks...they have little metal spacers on the axle..so i made 4 one inch blocks and drilled them in the center with a half inch hole for the center bolt..then put 2 on each side. also removed the sway bar..i have the 5.5 inch pitman arm..topgun didn't tell me i need the 7inch one..maybe i will call them and ask...
How does your truck handle without the sway bar? been thinking about taking mine off.

Wheres the best place to get a 2" add-a-leaf?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
topguns 5inch kit..i just put my level kit on in the front and did a 3inch add-a-leaf in the rear with my home made spacer..
I was just wondering do you have any pictures of your truck you can post up? Id like to see how it turned out and how it sits maybe some close ups of the rear suspension too? It would be nice if you could thanks

·
Registered
503 Posts
before i leveled the rear

after

the rear

i got kit from top gun customz..i would go there for your add-a-leaf..the reason i took my sway bar off was, the rear end would pop every time i hit a bump. so i took the bar off and it is gone now..the rear seems smoother riding and no difference in handling.. im ordering long control arms and a adjustable trac bar here in a week or two..im running 35's and will be order in 38in baja claws when i order arms and trac bar..i love tax returns

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
you might want to look into a carrier bearing drop also!!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts