Cummins Diesel Forum banner

help me buy a new lift pump

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Twoforme2 
#1 ·
I am happy with my current filter setup so i DONT need or want an AD or FASS. I am thinking about a raptor 150. I am not going to do any HP mods and i only run a superchip tuner. I would like to just put a pump inline and be able to pull through my stock l/p which is about dead. I dont know if thats possible though? I would like to keep the stock pump in the tank also so when i trade it I can hook it back up. I think i am gonna have to do a drawstraw but i am open to any and all suggestions you guys have.

#2 ·
Issues

Opie says that Jeep Liberty canister is an exact fit for our trucks and it eliminates the issue of running out of fuel when you have a 1/4 tank left. It is suppose to cost about a $100. Personally I'm going to try that on my truck.

#4 ·
Opie says that Jeep Liberty canister is an exact fit for our trucks and it eliminates the issue of running out of fuel when you have a 1/4 tank left. It is suppose to cost about a $100. Personally I'm going to try that on my truck.
I have that setup on my truck along with his Mitusa Gusher and havent had any issue's!! The liberty canister drops right in and the factory plug connects right in to the Liberty canister as well as the factory pick up line.

Go mechanical and DONT LOOK BACK...........

#3 ·
I have the Raptor 150 on mine and just got some brass fittings at Lowes to use the existing lines off the canister. It works just fine and keeps 25PSI all day long.

#6 ·
#7 ·
How bout look at this one...........

#8 ·
^^^^ Thats what I recommend, put it on and forget about it.

#9 ·
If your just wanting to avoid the 1/4 tank issue, pure flow (the makers of airdog) has a kit that modifies the stock canister to work with aftermarket lift pumps... It runs like $69. Here it is... K2 Diesel Performance : Dodge Tank Kit

#10 ·
Im not having any 1/4 tank issues and i already run the Baldwin pf7977 in the stock f/f housing as well as the cat 2 mic filter before the cp3. My stock l/p is beginning to die out on me and i was wanting to replace it with maybe a raptor. I know about the jeep liberty can mod and the new fuel pickup setup from airdog II. I was just wondering what , if any, pump could just be put in line and leave the stock pump in the tank. I am not wanting to drop my tank, but i will if i have too. My flatbed is a little more difficult to take off than a stock bed too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.