Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, after talking with a friend of mine he convinced me that a built auto was the way to go instead of converting my truck to a manual. So with that said help me build my auto.

I was looking at suncoast and HTS, as they seem to have the best prices and were EXTREMELY friendly when i called them. Also there prices were not stupidly high like BD, and i wouldn;t even consider ANYTHING from ATS as my research points out they suck monkey balls.

It already has exhuast and intake.

So anyways, here are the future plans for the truck. Edge Juice with attitude. Injector upgrades, and if i feel like it some other supporting mods. I will tow maybe 3-5 times a year but not very long distances.

Pretty much i'm hoping to DD with 400 or so give or take HP and around 850-1000 ft.Ib of torque. I do a lot of highway cruising at 70 mph and fuel milage is important to me.

·
Registered
850 Posts
debaiting on swaping in a 6spd or to build the auto the same way as mahdeystated. what would be easier? cheaper? more reliable? i would like a 6spd but then again like he auto. any help?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've read some good articles that say to upgrade the tourqe converter and valve body and thats it on the auto and it will be fine. My truck (1996) has 219,000 with no rebuild on the tranny and it pulls all over the us. But its stock, if I add any power I will do it after the tourqe converter/tranny rebuild but see no real reason to do either until it shows signs of needing an engine rebuild.

·
Registered
76 Posts
So why would you rebuild your engine if we are all talking about trannys.

My bet is the standard...look at my Sig. But anyways a great TC first, Valve Body next...and then the guts. When going into the guts...bands, clutches,etc go with Suncoast heavy rebuild kit, has everything.

That was what I was going to do until I came across the retro stuff, all the components were going to be Suncoast.

I've read some good articles that say to upgrade the tourqe converter and valve body and thats it on the auto and it will be fine. My truck (1996) has 219,000 with no rebuild on the tranny and it pulls all over the us. But its stock, if I add any power I will do it after the tourqe converter/tranny rebuild but see no real reason to do either until it shows signs of needing an engine rebuild.

·
Western WA President
8,442 Posts
why are we reviving old threads...check his sig...hes already got a new trans... too bad a t-56 can't take diesel torque...love the ratio's it has...would get so much better fuel economy :( .50 6th gear and usualy mated to a 3.43 posi rear end. closest im gonna get is changing my 4.10's to 3.54's cant seem to find a higher available ratio for the dana 60's /44's if someone finds one lower that can take at least 1,000lbs torque let me know! i want that truck idling down the freeway...not this 2,000+rpm BS. my old Z28 with the T-56 and 3.43's actually got over 20MPG on the freeway with that 350 LT1 and had no problem burnin thru rubber with those gears...course i had the $900 centerforce clutch and a chip/cool air intake/full exhaust on it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts