Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

Premium Member
Didn't all of the diesel trucks come with hydro-boost setup? Looks like a standard vacuum booster in the picture. You may have trouble ever getting enough vacuum to operate the breaks with that booster.

No, plenty of dodge trucks with diesel engines left the factory with vacuum brake boosters. Hydro boost didn't actually start until the 97 model year. I have a 96 (son's project truck) and a 97 (my truck), both extended cab, 4x4 , nv4500 trucks, the only real mechanical difference between them is the 96 has a vacuum booster and the 97 is hydro boost.

Reactions: Smokinggun01

Registered
No, plenty of dodge trucks with diesel engines left the factory with vacuum brake boosters. Hydro boost didn't actually start until the 97 model year. I have a 96 (son's project truck) and a 97 (my truck), both extended cab, 4x4 , nv4500 trucks, the only real mechanical difference between them is the 96 has a vacuum booster and the 97 is hydro boost.
[/QU
Learned something new today. Thanks.

Registered
Reactions: Smokinggun01

Registered
Discussion Starter #24
Didn't all of the diesel trucks come with hydro-boost setup? Looks like a standard vacuum booster in the picture. You may have trouble ever getting enough vacuum to operate the breaks with that booster.
97+ was hydro boost 88-96 was brake boosters. From My understanding. So check this. This truck was originally a 318. Which makes sense to why there isn鈥檛 a second battery or there was a 24v intake boot. And most importantly why my brakes aren鈥檛 working lol. It鈥檚 all good. I know what needs to be done and it鈥檚 going into a ship to get the booster and master cylinder done cause I don鈥檛 know how to do it.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts