Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Heck if I know
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I put my Edge Juice with att on 1 (milage) setting and had the cruise set at 60. After about 5 mins it seemed like the truck was starving for fuel. kinda felt like there was water in the fuel. That loss of power then full power then loss of power. Not enough to jolt anything off my center console but enough that I oculd feel it. So I put it on stock.

Any Idea's

·
A Couple Diesels
3,099 Posts
You running a stock lift pump? Sounds like it is going out/ starving the engine of fuel.

·
Heck if I know
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but it only feels like that when I run it on setting "one" the milage setting. Could the chip starve the truck for fuel in an attempt at getting better fuel milage?

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
set on cruise at 60 it shouldn't be starving for fuel. maybe check for codes, hows your fuel filter?

·
Heck if I know
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AHHHH it is about time to change the fuel filter. Thats prob what it is.
thanks

·
Banned
400 Posts
AHHHH it is about time to change the fuel filter. Thats prob what it is.
thanks
Just curious: How'd you know when "it's about time?" Man, if I had that kind of intuition I wouldn't need all these gauges. I could know when "it's about time" to let up before I melt a piston, or where the wastegate is set "about right" before the head gasket lets go. :hehe:

Sorry, just funnin'...

·
Heck if I know
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just curious: How'd you know when "it's about time?" Man, if I had that kind of intuition I wouldn't need all these gauges. I could know when "it's about time" to let up before I melt a piston, or where the wastegate is set "about right" before the head gasket lets go. :hehe:

Sorry, just funnin'...
Because my truck likes a new fuel filter every 12-15k miles, which is about every 3-4 months. Since I bought the truck last April, I have put 3 in. So its time to put another in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts