Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have a Dodge Ram 2500, 2005, Quad Cab, Long Bed, 4WD, with the 5.9L engine, G56 6 Spd. Earlier in the summer I removed the front bumper assembly, but could not complete the install of the replacement. Now, working back on it, I am stumped by a hanging wire connector that looks like the style used for ABS connectors, black with a slide-locking red tab. The wire is located near the left (driver) front side of the truck under the headlamp area and the length of the wire is about 12 inches from where it branches off from. The color of the wires in the connector is white with yellow stripe and black. I am wondering if this is supposed to be a dead-end ABS connector that was just connected to old front bumper brackets by its push in mount?? It looks to be like the right length. But then there should be a dead-end cap to insert into this?

Can anyone look under their truck to identify this wire? See attached image. If you need more information just let me know what is needed.

All the other wires identified, headlamp, turn signal and driving lights. This is one that I can't figure out.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This wire that I am stumped on is not for the driving lights. There are two wire connectors hanging in the image. The one in the background is for the driving lights and the one in the foreground is the one that I am concerned about. I installed the front bumper the other day and as well the headlamp, and I will take another image showing this wire hanging as it does with those items installed. I still think this style of connector appears to be an ABS style, although I am not understanding why the wire connector is in the location that it is because there is no ABS items there. Unless it is supposed to be a dead end connector with a cap on it and just fixed to the front bumper bracket. I still need some help with this. I am going to call some salvage yards and try to look in parking lots for my style year and model there, and hope that an owner will let me look at that wire real quick.

·
Registered
642 Posts
It sounds like the connector for the ambient air temperature sensor. The sensor itself should be located around where the headlight assembly mounts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not the driving/fog light wire. Also this is not the wire for the ambient air temperature sensor. That sensor is right next to the drivers headlamp. I am attaching another image with the bumper and drivers headlight now installed. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just know that when I go to install the batteries and hook everything up I am going to get a code for this wire. I am still trying to figure out where it went. But it fits right near the small hole in the left (driver side) bumper bracket.

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
That is the factory fog light wire , what lights do you have in there now ? Do they turn on with the headlight switch ?

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Just to clear things up , the factory fogs both wire together and connect to the plug you are questioning. Evidently you have aftermarket fog lights .

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Is it possible that it is either the connector for the fca on the cp3 pump or the battery temperature sensor connector? Just running through what all is in that corner of the truck. Good luck!

Reactions: Pionex80

·
Registered
5,502 Posts
AFAIK, If it is OEM wiring 03-07 for main circuits
white color and (X)color tracer signifies lighting circuit.
dark green and (X) tracer signifies abs circuit.

2005 FSM connector pin out for DS fog lamp no such thing as independent driving lights works with head light switch

LAMP-FOG
CAV CIRCUIT FUNCTION
A Z926 18BK GROUND
B L89 18WT/YL FOG LAMP RELAY OUTPUT

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To everyone of you that suggested fog lighting wire connector thank you so much. I just watched a YouTube video of a guy installing his driving lights on a 2006 and he is installing an aftermarket kit. I did install a kit too, back in maybe 2008 or 9, and as many of you suggested that kit did come with its own harness led back to a small switch. As that gentleman panned his camera to install his lights I saw the connector I was worried about, and sure enough it was plugged into the right bumper bracket, and it just hangs there with no wire connector cap.

I apologize to anyone for dismissing the suggestion earlier, and thank everyone for viewing and commenting on my issue. I appreciate you all so much.

Ken

·
Registered
58 Posts
No worries. One reason to keep things stock (unless you like something else better).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts