Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for advice on the DPF deletes and other options to get rid of all the junk under my truck. I abosolutley love my truck, but it has been in the hospital for three weeks in a row for CEL. I don't idle much at all and hove done everything that the tech at the Stealership has told me. I am just before going back to a gas burner. This is getting ridiculous. Any advice will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!:CRY:

·
Registered
395 Posts
just look around in the 6.7 performance section of the forum and you will find everything that you need to know about straight piping the truck and egr removal.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I would also consider taking your truck to another dealership. Almost all of the known CEL related issues have more or less been solved. You should not be suffering recurring problems unless your dealership doent know how to apply the fixes correctly.

Nowadays most folks having trouble like yours are because the dealer they're using doesnt have a properly trained tech that is up to date on the latest fixes.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Whatever you do don't go GAS!!!! Take it down to Baytown, TX to Bay Area Diesel Performance. They are great and will remove your DPF and all of that crap. Cure your Cummins asthma :thumbsup !!! As for the CELS, while your in TX go up to Kirbyville to Weaver Motors. All they do is trucks. They have a 24 year diesel mechanic there. They'll fix you right up. Just tell them you're dealer can't fix the CEL problem. Talk to Todd. I know it's a lot of driving and waiting but it will be worth it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I too would try a diff dealer. I Wasn't getting CAT full message alot but probobly every 7-10 days, got a CEL once. After the dealer reflashed and changed O2 sensor. I've got the Cat Full message once in the last 4 months and no CEL.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Invest in the DPF delete by either HS Performance or Bay Area. Both there kits rock! Bay Area has there code free kit out now and im sure is amazing. It cost money but well worth it, I could not be happier with my exhaust now. Great mileage and power, I have a cel on all the time but is a soft code and makes no difference. Get the Edge Juice with Attitude and all problems will be solved since it clears codes if you dont get the code free delete.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Address

Does Bay Area have a web site? If not, can someone pass the number along? I am very interested. I got my truck back yesterday, they replaced the EGR valve. So far, so good. We will see what happens.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
:popcorn:
Does Bay Area have a web site? If not, can someone pass the number along? I am very interested. I got my truck back yesterday, they replaced the EGR valve. So far, so good. We will see what happens.
index

It's better to call these days we have so many new options that are not on the site. Our new website should be online in a few weeks but as for now you can call the shop and we will be glad to help. 281-576-7788

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
Yep call the people over at BADP, they'll take care of you:thumbsup

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Less than a week

It has been less than a week and I have another CEL! I have talked to BADP and am considering the delete kit. But to be honest... I am at wits end. I should not have to spend one red cent on a new vehicle. I should not have to worry about how much idle time I have, or anything else for that matter. If I could find a 5.9 with low mileage, I would surely be interested! I just don't know what to do. I love my truck, but am sick and tired of the CEL! :CRY:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts