Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
00' TD, replaced the head gasket a week or so ago due to a small oil leak, before replacing the gasket it had always started right up really quick. After replacing the gasket it is starting hard. I noticed a small fuel leak coming from #6 :banghead: so I replaced the o-ring and it sealed up the leak, I figured that was causing my hard-starts however it's still acting up on me(crank and crank and crank before it fires) Usually if it's warmed up it starts like normal. It only happens if it's been siting for awhile.

Anyone know a solution?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Usually hard starts on a 2nd gen, are due to either a failing VP44 (doesn't sound like it should be the case here as things were great before the gasket swap). The other issue is usually an air leak in the lines. I would take a long hard look at your entire fuel system, possibly replace all o-rings and double check injector washers and connector tubes as well. Almost has to be air in the lines somewhere. :doh:

·
Registered
850 Posts
had the same issue with mine,did a gasket and same thing happened, its most likely your connector tube o-rings, for a tep fix i used ,used connector tubes out a spare motor to get me by till i get new o rings to put on, just by swaping tubes with rings that have never been in and out of an engine helped alot, make sure when you put new rings on your tubes that you oil em up so the y dont get scuffed when you put them back in,-scott

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Musta had a slug of air tied up in the VP, it's been starting up fine for several days now.
Thanks everyone!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts