Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know if they make an adaptor for the front axle to just bolt on to the existing pattern after the spacer has been removed?

I tried removing the front wheel spacer and the "lug" pattern is different from the 8 on 6.5" of the wheels? Was really trying to get around having to change wheel hubs to a SRW front hub?

I Just want a regular wheel on the front and leave the rear set up as a Dually? Help, searching hasnt brought up anything but converting from a SRW to DRW, not the way i want to go.

·
CO President
2,641 Posts
Should not have too. The hubs were the same on the 98 I swapped not to long ago?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they are certainly different, i tried putting the wheels on after taking the spacer off and the pattern is bigger?

·
CO President
2,641 Posts
they are certainly different, i tried putting the wheels on after taking the spacer off and the pattern is bigger?
Are you sure you have dodge wheels to go on the front? I know for sure that when I pulled the spacers off the front of the 98 the stock dodge wheels went right on.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I presume he was just trying to see if the pattern was the same and inverted the wheel to check. I know on the newer dually's (00-02 or so), you can just take the adapter off and turn them into a single wheel. I'm not sure about the older ones. I may be able to check a truck at a friend of mines tomorrow.

·
Registered
89 Posts
They are the same pattern if the factory cast spacer is what you are pulling. Did it on a '97 and 98' and put some SRW style 8x6.5" pattern wheels on.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Just yanked them off my 98 and bolted up a set of single tire rims. No problems, glad I kept them around since I switched back to dualls all the way around.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts