Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i am just trying to figure out why my subs are not working in my truck and im checking all of the connections and everything(didn't touch anything not directly related to this) and i go to start my truck after i give up and nothing happens, i make sure the clutch is all the way in and still, nothing. i check the fuses all are ok. then i unplugged the batteries wait and plug back up, still nothing. any ideas on what the heck this computer of a truck is doing?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
got voltage?

·
Registered
69 Posts
when you turn the key on, do you have any power at all?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, the battery has charge i even had my dads truck hooked up with jumpers for 45 minutes to make sure that was not the problem, radio, air conditioner, over head, guages and everything works with key on just doesn't do anything when i try to start it

·
Registered
117 Posts
check the starter relay... or its possible the starter solenoid is shot

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hook it back up to your dad's truck with a chain and pull start it!!! :lol3:

·
Registered
69 Posts
yeah try tapping on the starter with a wrench or something..not real real hard but just enough to "wake it up"..

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Check Saftey switch on clutch pedel and check both solenoids. :thumbsup

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
is there a little red light on the dash that comes on? Does your remote unlock the doors?\

If so then its the security deal with the keys. Had it happen to me. I had to lock the truck, walk away (50 ft or more) then walk back to the vehicle. Unlock it with the remote and everything was fine. Dunno if it will work or not but worth a shot.

·
Premium Member
4,688 Posts
key switch? if or starter relay.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Do your subs get power from inside the fuse box? I had this exact problem in my 07 and what happened was that when I installed the fuse tap into the fuse box it spread the contacts out enough that when I later pulled the accessory out and tried to install the fuse without the fusetap in place the fuse would not make contact. Everything seemed to work on the truck except the starter would do nothing. I forget which fuse I had the issue with.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,244 Posts
Think of every place you had contact while installing your subs. The problem will not be where you were not. Its going to be something that you forgot or something that you could of broke while running wires or hooking something up for the Amp/Subs.

Also disconnecting the batteries wont do much by itself. once the two batteries are disconnected(BOTH BATTERIES HAVE TO DISCONNECTED), hold the two leads together, + and - for at least 30 sec to dump the memory.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Nope its that little 2 amp fuse under the hood and then when you replace it your speedo wont work and you will need to take to the dealer because the ABS module is fried it happend to mine its how they have the remore wire tied in under the dash

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Thats why you need factory service manual before doing anything to your truck. :popcorn:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I WOULD SAY STARTER ALSO BUT IT'S A 07 FELLAS THATS ALITTLE EARLY TO REPLACE A STARTER I WOULD THINK BUT THE WAY THEY BUILD TRUCKS THESE DAYS IT DOESN'T SURPRISE ME!:thud:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I WOULD SAY A STARTER TO BUT ITS A 07 FELLAS THATS A LITTLE EARLY TO REPLACE ONE I WOULD THINK BUT THE WAY THEY BUILD TRUCKS THESE DAYS IT DOESN'T SURPRISE ME!:thud:

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Hey Got Smoked, You Might Want To Turn Your Caps Lock Off. :popcorn:

hey compcowboy, so how did you fix your security thing with the key?

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
I got far enough away from the truck for it to re-recognize the FOB the next time i approached the vehicle i guess.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I got far enough away from the truck for it to re-recognize the FOB the next time i approached the vehicle i guess.
uhhhhh..... im confused.

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
uhhhhh..... im confused.
Compcowboy is talking about the smart key. The truck has to sense the right key or it won't start..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts